Level/Salary Range: DOE
The intern will support the tax department through tax return processing and preparation, and will also be exposed to many other firm projects and work assignments. These projects may include working in the field on audit jobs, word processing for the audit department, assisting with marketing projects, client bookkeeping support and various clerical duties as needed. It is our intent that you gain as much experience as possible in all areas of a public accounting firm.
The position opening is flexible depending on the needs and individual circumstances of the successful candidate. For example, depending on need, the position may be available the entire school year or just during winter quarter. Hours worked per week will be flexible, and will be structured around your class schedule. There is a potential for Saturday working hours during tax season, which would provide you a real-world view of how the CPA’s work load ebbs and flows all year.
Our goal for the internship program is to cultivate future team members for our CPA firm. Thus, if successful, it is possible the internship could flourish into a full-time Staff Accountant position upon graduation, depending on work reviews from your supervisors and team.
- Learn how to utilize CCH’s scan software to facilitate digital tax preparation and assist the Executive Administrator in the process.
- Process final tax returns for a digital client copy, including preparation of payment vouchers and paper-file returns, and upload to File Share.
- Assist the audit department by performing audit procedures on financial statement account balances; prepare and adjust work papers from clients’ trial balance
- Participate in the engagement planning process
- Assist in the drafting of annual financial statements, including footnote disclosures, including proofreading for grammar and spelling errors and footing the numerical data.
- Gain experience in all firm software including Profx Tax and CCH Engagement.
- Perform other clerical duties such as greeting clients, answering phones, preparing mail, making photocopies, and running errands as needed.
Qualifications and Education Requirements
- Have obtained or is currently enrolled in classes to obtain a Bachelor’s degree in Accounting. Eligibility to sit for the CPA exam is a plus.
- Intermediate knowledge of Word, Excel, Adobe Acrobat, and Microsoft Outlook. Experience with CCH Engagement or Profx Tax a plus.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Good time management skills and able to work under deadlines.
The successful person for this job will work in a professional, fast paced environment with multiple and frequent deadlines.
Must be comfortable with multi-tasking, working with all firm staff to achieve a high-level of client service and responsiveness to engagement and project timelines, and firm objectives.
Attention to detail and an analytical approach to problem solving should be natural and enjoyable personality traits for the successful candidate, as well as the ability to maintain a professional demeanor at all times and especially while working under tight deadlines.
About Our Firm
Hauser Jones & Sas, PLLC is a full service CPA firm with two offices located in Bellevue and Tacoma, WA. The firm specializes in serving small to medium businesses, high-net worth individuals, banks, and credit unions throughout Puget Sound and in surrounding states. Our goal is to balance our personal lives with a rich and rewarding professional career that provides challenge and opportunity. Our vision is to double the size of our firm over the next 7 years, so we need talented professionals to help us achieve our growth goals while providing superior client service.
IF INTERESTED: Send a cover letter (message box) and resume (attachment) to Anna using the form below. Position open until filled. No phone calls please.